Awards & Scholarships
REMSA Scholarship Programs
REMSA supports education and offers several scholarship programs available to member company employees and their family members. Our organization works to advance your education and career by contributing dollars toward your educational pursuits.
REMSA Undergraduate Scholarship Program Overview
The REMSA undergraduate scholarship program is open to REMSA member companies only. Information and applications are sent to the REMSA representative of each member company, usually in the first quarter of the year. Representatives are responsible for disseminating REMSA scholarship program information to employees, and students are invited to contact REMSA directly to request scholarship information.
To be eligible for consideration, an application must:
- be a full- or part-time employee of a REMSA member company; or the spouse, son daughter, grandson or granddaughter of a current full-time employee of a REMSA member company. An employee who is the scholarship application does not have to be a full-time employee. Interns are not eligible;
- be enrolled an in attendance at the time of application as a full-time college student at an accredited two-year college offering an associate's degree or an accredited college or university offering a bachelor's degree; and
- demonstrate successful completing of the previous year of study and a willingness to continue.
REMSA Continuing Education Scholarship Overview
The purpose of the REMSA Continuing Education Scholarship is to positively impact the future of the rail construction and maintenance industry by supporting REMSA member employees' education. This scholarship is for employees who are pursuing additional education that would allow them to work successfully and grow withing the rain construction and maintenance industry.
To be eligible for consideration, an applicant must:
- be a full-time employee of a REMSA member company. An employee who is the scholarship application is required to be a full-time employee. Part-time employees and interns are not eligible, and;
- provide proof of enrollment in a college or university, or vocational/technical or continuing education program at the time the funds are disbursed.
Transportation Technology Center, Inc. (TTCI)
REMSA President's Scholarship
James Albert Hotzel
Kansas State University
Stella Jones Corporation
REMSA Individual Scholarship
REMSA Continuing Education Scholarship
"Being chosen as a REMSA Scholarship recipient has been a true honor and has really taken some of the stress out of pursuing a graduate degree. I am so thankful to everyone at REMSA and Harsco Rail for the continued support and encouragement. Let’s go Hoosiers!"
~Brandon A. Negri, 2020 Continuing Education Scholarship Recipient
"I have always had ties to the Railroad industry through my father, and I am honored to have been chosen as a REMSA Scholarship recipient. This will greatly benefit my schooling,and I am grateful to have such a great support network. Go Cougs!"
~Acacia Dasher, 2019 REMSA Scholarship Recipient